Using CurdBee Bridge to Import Data from Freshbooks and Blinksale
CurdBee Bridge is a quick and easy import solution for users of other online invoicing applications who switch over to CurdBee. It currently connects to the Freshbooks and Blinksale APIs and extracts data such as clients, items and invoices.
The process happens in two steps. First you have to Import the data and then Insert it into your CurdBee account.
Step 1: Import
- Note down your Freshbooks API key and subdomain or your Blinksale username, password and subdomain.
- Head over to CurdBee Bridge.
- Choose whether you want to Import data from Freshbooks or Blinksale.
- Enter the information required for the service you are importing from. Freshbooks users will require an API key and subdomain while Blinksale will need their username, password and subdomain from the service.
- Select the types of data you want to import. Freshbooks lets you import Clients, Items and Invoices, while Blinksale supports the extraction of Clients and Invoices.
- Finally, click Import Data and move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Insert
- After your data is imported, you will see a summary of the process. Your screen should look a little like the sample shown above. At this point in the process you can choose to either Cancel Import or Review and Insert. Click the latter to continue.
- You are now on Step 2. Enter your CurdBee API key and subdomain in the provided fields. You can find your CurdBee API token in Your Profile section.
- Look through the Clients, Items and Invoices CurdBee Bridge has imported and use the check boxes to select which ones you want to insert into your CurdBee account. After you're done, click the Insert Data button at the bottom of the page.
- That's it! You should see a summary screen that tells you how many sets of each type of data were inserted into your CurdBee account. Hit the Done button to finish the process.
While CurdBee Bridge only works with Freshbooks and Blinksale at the moment, we're doing our best to support users switching over from other online invoicing services as well. If you'd like your former invoicing provider supported by CurdBee Bridge, please file a support request.